We had such a great time on our Disneyland trip (more pictures to come soon). One our last day in the park, we split up into Boys and Girls and spent the day together. I learned so much about this almost-three-year-old, and it was fun for me to watch her excitement. It was fun to let her just do whatever she wanted - go on the same ride time after time after time, dance until she got tired, walk slowly holding hands instead of racing around in the stroller, stop and see the pretty flowers.
She has a loving and caring heart.
On the drive down, I sat in the back seat next to Emma. I watched her bundle and re-bundle her dolls with loving care. As the blanket slipped, she noticed and would ask "Are you cold" and then bundle them up and say "There, all better". She did this over and over. She took such great care to make the blanket just so, no creases, tags pointing down. She sang to her dolls and held them all close. She was a great care taker.
She loves to dress up.
Each day Emma dressed up as someone new. She would dance and twirl around in her princess dresses. She waved to everyone who said "Hello Princess". She knew exactly who she was that day (Minnie, Cinderella, Belle, Emma) and acted well the part.
She LOVES the Carousel.
I think we went on this ride at least 10 times. Each time she chose her new pony to ride, Emma would introduce herself, pat the pony nicely and ask if he was "ready to ride". She especially loved the Carousel at nighttime when all the sparkly lights were turned on.
She loves her family.
After every ride, Emma wanted to be sure no one was lost. She'd ask "Hey, where did Hayden go", or "Where did my Daddy go". And when we met up again, she was always the first to spot the family members. She spotted them well before I did and would excitedly exclaim "There's my Daddy, there's my Hayden". I didn't know a 2 yr old and 8 yr old could get along so well, but they do. They genuinely enjoy playing together and spending time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment