Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Breathing Free!

I'm SO glad to have that pesky cyst gone! It had worked its way up to 10cm in size, about the size of this pretty grapefruit. I feel much better having it finally removed. The surgery went well, the baby was closely monitored before, during and after - including every 2 hrs throughout the night - so much for resting in the hospital! In fact, I think this little baby is so excited to have the extra room to spin and kick - she's never been so active. She definitely wants us all to know she's awake and well. I actually wish she was a little less active, as kicking on my stitches is mighty uncomfortable, but I'm glad to know she is awake in there.





As soon as I woke up from surgery I could feel a difference in my breathing. It's wonderful to be able to breathe again. I still have some pain and swelling, but hopefully within the next week I'll be back to normal routines. Thanks to all of you for your concern, prayers, babysitting, meals, etc, etc. We appreciate all your love and support.

4 comments:

*C Dub :D said...

No more softball-sized fruits in the guts, yay!! I hope joo got some good sleeps today ;)

Kari said...

We are so glad to hear that the surgery went well. I'm so excited for your new little one! I'm especially glad to hear you can breathe again. What an awful feeling that must have been. I pray your recovery continues to go well and your baby continues to grow healthy and happy!

michele84084 said...

Good news! Let's hope for smooth sailing from this point on!

Jenny said...

Hi Doni,

I just heard your wonderful news last week (the baby, not the cyst!). Congratulations. Your kids are darling, I miss seeing Hayden and your little Emma is so adorable. I hope you get feeling better soon.