
Martin's Big Words:
The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Doreen Rappaport,
Bryan Collier.
I highly recommend this book for all readers, but especially those with young children. The story is very well told in simple language. The illustrations are breathtaking. The first time Hayden and I read it together we both cried. It's become one of our favorites.
This week at school Hayden's class has been working on a play to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day. They take turns acting out and reading different parts. The class set up chairs to represent a bus, some children played the part of bus riders, one played Rosa Parks. Hayden was thrilled to get to read the part of Martin. It really touched him to get to act out and learn this story in such a real way. My thanks to his awesome teacher for another great learning experience for Hayden.
1 comment:
I've never heard of this before, I will definitely check it out!
Post a Comment