Thursday, December 4, 2008

First Entry


This is our very first entry! I thought I'd try posting a picture and sharing a story about it. This is a picture of Hayden and Emma at Disneyland in December, 2007. You'd never know that just minutes before this was taken Emma was crying and sobbing, so sad to have to leave Disneyland. But once the camera came out she was all smiles! The kids love posing together whenever a camera (or mirror or any person) are around.

This was such a fun trip. My brother was home for Christmas before being deployed for a second tour to Iraq. He and my sister invited us to spend some time with them at Disneyland. Due to school, music, work and other committments it was hard to get all our schedules together and it looked like we would not be able to join them. It just wouldn't work for us all to get away, but hopefully some of us could come. Dana took Hayden and Emma on a flight Sunday morning while I stayed behind. I'd secretly booked a flight after church and planned to travel to Disneyland Sunday evening. Dana knew of my plans, but the kids and other family members did not. I got from the airport to the hotel late at night to surprise the kids. It was so much fun to surprise the rest of the family in the morning. We were so glad we were able to spend time together. A wonderful trip!

No comments: